Although Chessington doesn’t have a traditional closed season. With events on throughout the year over Christmas and as we enter the main theme park season, a lot happens behind closed doors.
Here, we take a look at things going on outside of the events. Progress is being made on ride maintenance and other changes that may be taking place around the park. There could be new attractions on the way, other changes to theming and sets and even more.
The closed season is a prime opportunity for change at Chessington. Work takes place all over, with repainting work, repairs to rides and of course, bigger project works. Chessington could be planning a new ride, working on the construction of a new entrance or even just carrying out usual maintenance on rides. It’s a busy time. Engineering work’s hard to prepare the attractions, the groundskeeping team prepare and work on planting for the new season and the zoo team are always kept busy. Animals need feeding and keeping healthy. The fun never stops at Chessington.
Over the years, we’ve visited many times and taken photos to provide updates. We have a selection of these below and will be working gradually to add to these over the coming seasons. Join us below for the latest news!
- Last Updated: February 26th 2022
- Closed season is a busy time for any theme park. Add in a Zoo and you’ve got a lot to do in a very short period of time. Join us for our latest round of Closed Season updates.
- Last Updated: December 19th 2020
- The 2020 – 2021 closed season was sadly quite difficult to capture. Due to the ongoing threat around the world of the Covid-19 pandemic. Please enjoy these limited closed season updates.
- Last Updated: February 20th 2020
- Lots of exciting changes were planned for 2020. With the opening of a brand-new land and a host of rides being moved and two new rides being installed. Check out these exclusive updates.